Saturday, December 27, 2008

Where I am in the world of French Beaded Flowers?

I started doing french flower beading back in March (08), so I've been doing this for less than a year. I've worked really hard and I'm pretty pleased with how much I've done so far. I've made a large potted arrangement for my sister and a smaller (but beautiful) rose bouquet for my mom. I've also landed some great commissions-- a few smaller ($50-$100) ones, and 2 much larger ones (in the $500+ range).  For my first large commission, I was given a picture of a bouquet of fresh flowers and was asked to reproduce it in beads. That was fun, and quite challenging, as I had to create my own patterns for all of the flowers and was using smaller beads for the first time. I'm currently working on my second large commission, for a wedding. I'm super excited about these wedding pieces, and I look forward to being able to share pictures with you, though I'm not doing that until I get professional photos of everything (because these pieces deserve it). More recently, I got my first business cards, I participated in a craft show, and I signed onto a very promising art and craft consignment shop. And ladies and gentlemen, this is only the beginning! 

In the future, I will be experimenting with different styles. I have most recently been looking at ikebana, a japanese flower arranging art, and am inspired by it! I would also love to do more weddings. I think it's so much fun to create a bride's dream come true bouquet and give her something that she can keep the rest of her life or even pass on to her daughter one day. 

I am also looking into selling some things online, which I'm a little unsure about, but think would benefit me a lot. And don't worry, one day I will have a website! 

I have done so much in less than a year, and there's so much to come! It's pretty exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment